Back does not work on Chrome

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

Back does not work on Chrome

Postby Simon H » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:56 pm

The back button used to be one of the amazing facilities of TrackStudio. In the middle of typing a message one could go to another task, then press back and the part-typed message would be there. However with current version of Chrome browser whenever the back button is clicked TrackStudio goes to the root of the task tree. It is driving me crazy constantly losing my place in the tree.

Operating system: Windows 10, 64 bit.
Browser: Google Chrome version 48.0.2564.116 m
Simon H

Re: Back does not work on Chrome

Postby admin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Simon H wrote:The back button used to be one of the amazing facilities of TrackStudio. In the middle of typing a message one could go to another task, then press back and the part-typed message would be there. However with current version of Chrome browser whenever the back button is clicked TrackStudio goes to the root of the task tree. It is driving me crazy constantly losing my place in the tree.

Operating system: Windows 10, 64 bit.
Browser: Google Chrome version 48.0.2564.116 m

Hmm, it seems like this Back functionality was undocumented feature, we don't know about it (and do nothing to implement it this way). We'll check, but have no ideas what we can do with it, looks like browser feature, not trackstudio feature.
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Back does not work on Chrome

Postby Simon H » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:46 pm

the back button remembering a half-written post was extra-nice, but not necessary.

What we do consider necessary is that if looking at a task, or a list of tasks, then go to another task, click back must go back to the previous task or list of tasks, not jump to the root node.
Simon H

Return to TrackStudio Support