Search facilities

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

Search facilities

Postby Simon H » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:58 pm

I am aware that there have been many enhancements to the search facility. Please, where can I find instructions on how to use search with all its options?
Simon H

Re: Search facilities

Postby Petr » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello.
Actually we have not added any features to the search.
But if you tell us what kind of features you want to use in the search, we will be able to add it in future.
Thanks.
Стань Java программистом с www.job4j.ru
Petr

Re: Search facilities

Postby Simon H » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Petr
With one exception which I have already asked Maxim for, we probably don't need anything new. Just would like to make use of facilities that do exist.

I know that we can search AND or OR combined search terms, but I am not sure how. Default was changed to AND some years ago which was an excellent change.

It used to show results for the current folder and sub folder, then a line, then other folders in the tree. I liked that, but it does not seem to be so any more. Can that behaviour be re-enabled or is there an options to search in current folder and sub folder only?

Are there an facilities to search is titles only or titles and description, or maybe by username, or exclude like Google has? If any things like this exist we would use them if we knew how, but are not asking for new features.

The one search we really would like is to enter a task number and that task open immediately rather than returning search results. I suggested to Maxim that #1234 might open task 1234 but 1234 would search for string "1234". Any implementation that achieves the objective would be great.
Simon H

Return to TrackStudio Support