Unable to create a user

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

Postby mdurant » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:01 pm

I'm using 2.5sp2, and we deployed the WAR file into tomcat.

Side question: Do you ever sleep? :) I'm beginning to think that you've got a 24/7 staff, and everybody uses the name "Maxim" to answer questions with. :D
mdurant

Postby admin » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:22 pm

mdurant wrote:I'm using 2.5sp2, and we deployed the WAR file into tomcat.

Please try 2.7Beta2 - we plan to release it this (possible, next) week.
Also, please send me full logs, from login to error.

mdurant wrote:Side question: Do you ever sleep? :) I'm beginning to think that you've got a 24/7 staff, and everybody uses the name "Maxim" to answer questions with. :D

No, I am not virtual, I just online 10-12 hrs/day :-)
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby mdurant » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:25 pm

Well, we installed 2.7 beta but still had the same problems we were having with 2.5sp2. Since it looked like a problem with the foreign key treatment, we switched off of MySQL/InnoDB and went with postgres instead, and all's well now.

Thanks for the help!
mdurant

MySQL issues

Postby admin » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:34 pm

mdurant wrote:Well, we installed 2.7 beta but still had the same problems we were having with 2.5sp2. Since it looked like a problem with the foreign key treatment, we switched off of MySQL/InnoDB and went with postgres instead, and all's well now.

Thanks for the help!

I think that you on the right way :-)
We supports MySQL, but it makes too many headache for us, because even MySQL 4.0.13 has very buggy (non standard ?) DML, especially related to indexes and constraints.
We also has some minor problems with MS SQL (slight different scripts) and no problems with other databases.

So, I suggest you to avoid mysql if you can, Firebird and PostgreSQL are very nice open source DBMSs.
admin
Site Admin

Re: similar problem...

Postby admin » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:51 pm

mdurant wrote:Hello,
I had a clean install and evaluation of the system on WinXP/Oracle, but we're doing a setup in our Linux/MySQL (with InnoDB) development environment and are having some problems with it. I created a new project under the "Task Management-->Projects" root project, then went to user management, added a new user under "Admin" with the new project as the default, and when I try to log in as that user I get an error message identical to the one reported above:

Hibernate lazy instantiation problem: No row with the given identifier exists: 0040f212f5f342e500f5f4bdc2520012, of class: gran.model.User

I tried following the suggestion above to try deleting the "manager" or "administrator" roles, and the system won't let me do it ... so I believe our db is configured correctly.

Interestingly enough, when I add the users, they do appear in the list along with the "test" user (who I can log in as, by the way). When I log off and log back in as root, though, only the test user remains in the list ... BUT: If I click on the test user, then click the "go to parent" button, it takes me to a list that does have my new users in it.

Any suggestions? I'm anxious to get this set up as soon as I can so we can get our testers used to it.

Thanks!
Mark

We investigate this problem and found that this is problem with Hibernate, mysql or JDBC driver - it looks like we execute 2 similar query and get different results. Because of this (and other mysql-related issues), we plan to drop mysql support even in 2.7.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to TrackStudio Support