Set up a new status with CREATE/MODIFY tasks only

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

Set up a new status with CREATE/MODIFY tasks only

Postby teenguyen » Thu May 01, 2003 9:16 am

Hi Support team! I want to set up a new status call "Requester". This requester basically can submit and modify his or her tasks only and that's it. How can I set this up? I did check 2 check box for CREATE and MODIFY under TASK in Role Name column for "Requester", but It didn't work since subtasks tab still shown and there is no "add issue" button. In addition, I don't want John(an instance of Requester) modify someone else's tasks.
Thanks
teenguyen

Re: Set up a new status with CREATE/MODIFY tasks only

Postby admin » Thu May 01, 2003 10:28 am

teenguyen wrote:Hi Support team! I want to set up a new status call "Requester". This requester basically can submit and modify his or her tasks only and that's it. How can I set this up? I did check 2 check box for CREATE and MODIFY under TASK in Role Name column for "Requester", but It didn't work since subtasks tab still shown and there is no "add issue" button.

This is because you need add this status to the transition matrix. From our documentation:
Code: Select all
Please note, in order for new user to be able to create message, you need to select which message types the user can create with his or her status for their workflow(s). Also, when creating workflow you set message viewing rights and email notification rules.

teenguyen wrote: In addition, I don't want John(an instance of Requester) modify someone else's tasks.
Thanks

You should create subproject "Requestor tasks" and assign rights (Access Control) to your Requestors. In this case requestors can add/edit tasks only in this subproject.
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu May 01, 2003 5:50 pm

teenguyen wrote:Hi Support team! I want to set up a new status call "Requester". This requester basically can submit and modify his or her tasks only and that's it. How can I set this up? I did check 2 check box for CREATE and MODIFY under TASK in Role Name column for "Requester", but It didn't work since subtasks tab still shown and there is no "add issue" button.

Please check on also TASK VIEW
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 06, 2003 11:12 pm

teenguyen wrote:Hi Support team! I want to set up a new status call "Requester". This requester basically can submit and modify his or her tasks only and that's it. How can I set this up? I did check 2 check box for CREATE and MODIFY under TASK in Role Name column for "Requester", but It didn't work since subtasks tab still shown and there is no "add issue" button. In addition, I don't want John(an instance of Requester) modify someone else's tasks.
Thanks

BTW, we develop new TrackStudio release now, so please suggest us with features.
admin
Site Admin

Return to TrackStudio Support